At Barrel, our team culture is driven by a common drive to do great work for our clients. The following Core Behaviors characterize our day-to-day interactions and what we expect from each other:
Continuous Growth & Learning
- Self-initiated efforts to strengthen knowledge and skill sets required for the job.
- Proactively reading new materials and experimenting with new methods/tools to be more effective at the role.
- Awareness of limitations/weaknesses and open to constructive feedback; puts in a sincere effort to grow and improve in these areas.
- Always seeking and identifying smarter, better, and more efficient ways to do the work.
Focus & Discipline
- Organized, motivated, and efficient in executing required tasks and contributing to the team.
- Able to meet deadlines and over-deliver on client expectations.
- Consistently deliver high quality work and going above and beyond; a zero tolerance for the bare minimum.
- Proactive in self-managing priorities and getting the work done effectively in a timely manner.
- Willing to help team members and freely volunteer time and effort to make them better.
- Taking responsibility for your actions vs. blaming others. Pointing the finger inward.
- Taking the time to share knowledge and contribute ideas and skills to help others get better at their jobs.
- Able to respect, empathize with, and see from the perspective of team members on points of disagreement.
- Taking pride in the success of the overall team and the achievement of other team members.
- Consistent in the use of positive language and encouragement of team members.
- Open-minded and optimistic about new challenges and eager to confront and solve unanticipated difficulties.
- Able to stay calm, poised, and respectful to others through all kinds of stressful and high-pressure situations.
We would recommend reading our Partner, Lucas Ballasy’s blog post on Core Values: https://www.lucasballasy.com/posts/embedding-core-values-in-company-culture