Account Director (Los Angeles)
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency in New York. We work with growing brands to build digital platforms and launch marketing campaigns. Clients include KIND Snacks, Barnes & Noble, Wanderlust, Well+Good, Columbia University, and Scholastic as well as various emerging consumer lifestyle brands.
The Account Director at Barrel develops and manages client relationships while leading our team through strategic thinking, research, and great communication. As a representative of the Barrel brand, the Account Director strives to deliver value for our clients while producing cutting edge solutions that lead to tangible results.
We are currently looking for an Account Director in Los Angeles to help establish our West Coast presence. You will be the first full-time employee at our Los Angeles outpost and play a role in helping to build out our team to support our West Coast clients. We currently have more than a half-dozen West Coast accounts that we will continue to build along with several prospects.
- Collaborate with our clients to identify business objectives, set KPIs, and track against measurable results
- Establish and extend relationships with decision-makers in client organizations
- Lead client presentations and confidently explain concepts and solutions to key stakeholders
- Oversee communication, scheduling, budgets, requests, and priorities, coordinating with our Producers to ensure that the client’s expectation are met
- Grow accounts by delivering results, building rapport with decision-makers, and by proactively bringing strategic insights to the table
- Participate in team resourcing and work with Producers to ensure accounts are properly being serviced
- Be accountable for the quality execution of strategy, creative, and technical development across projects
- Scope and conduct high-level concepting for new project opportunities; write proposals, SOWs, change orders
- Qualify inbound leads and other lead opportunities for agency business growth, working closely with leadership team to close new accounts
- Assist in interviewing and vetting new talent in order to build up our Los Angeles team during the initial year of build-up
- Help establish communication processes with the New York office
- 2-4 years account management experience at an agency
- Strong network of contacts in Los Angeles within the creative, startup, and marketing communities
- Proven track record of success with CPG brands, non-profits, and/or B2B clients
- Hands-on experience with strategy presentations, digital production, and creative processes
- Strong understanding of web and application development, design lifecycle, and quality assurance processes
- E-commerce and performance marketing experience a plus
- Experience with budget management and writing proposals
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially in presenting to client audiences
- Ability to mentor and lead teams while encouraging knowledge share and collaboration
Barrel offers competitive salary, health/dental/vision coverage, TransitChek, paid vacation, free lunch daily, and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
To apply, please fill out our online job application here. We will not accept applications that do not come through the online application form.