Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency in New York. We work with growing brands to build digital platforms and launch marketing campaigns. Clients include L’Oreal, Amazon, Well+Good, Columbia University, and Scholastic as well as various emerging consumer lifestyle brands.
The Account Manager at Barrel enhances and deepens client relationships through strategic thinking, research, and problem-solving. The Account Manager helps identify new opportunities for our clients and brings solutions to real business challenges.
We are currently looking for an Account Manager for our New York office to work with our Client Services team.
- Become deeply familiar with existing clients and their business models, pain points, org structures, goals, and future plans
- Proactively research trends and customer insights that may be valuable for our clients
- Run brainstorming sessions with Barrel team members and clients to help identify opportunities and shape forward-looking initiatives
- Develop and present strategy decks to provide clear options to clients on how we can help them
- Solidify new work streams through proposals and SOWs, getting inputs from various discipline leads
- Collaborate with Barrel team members on execution of projects and ensure they map to overall strategy and goals
- Oversee periodic (e.g. quarterly, bi-annual) check-ins across existing account teams and client contacts to surface new opportunities and pain points that can inform new work streams
- Onboard project teams to new work streams and ensure they have the context and requirements to succeed
- Assist new business team on pitches and strategy decks as needed and participate in new business presentations (e.g. speak to case studies)
- Help to productize and streamline IP or unique/proven processes into repeatable services (e.g. Ecomm UX Audit, Customer Journey Mapping, 3-week Brand Sprints, etc.)
- 5+ years account management / business partnership / strategy experience
- Hands-on experience with strategy presentations, digital production, and creative processes
- E-commerce and performance marketing experience a plus
- Experience with budget management and writing proposals
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially in presenting to client audiences
Barrel offers competitive salary, health/dental/vision coverage, TransitChek, paid vacation, and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
To apply, please fill out our online job application here. We will not accept applications that do not come through the online application form.