Contract Project Manager / Producer
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency that works with exciting lifestyle brands such as KIND Snacks, Peloton, Wanderlust, and Sakara Life. We design and develop user experience solutions and help clients navigate marketing challenges. Founded in 2006, with offices in New York City and Los Angeles.
We are looking for a contract digital producer / digital project manager to join our team part-time on an hourly basis. You can work from our office or remotely.
At Barrel, the producer is responsible for ensuring that we deliver high-quality work and a high level of service to our clients, working closely with project team members to facilitate strong communication and on-time, on-budget deliverables. The producer is an excellent problem solver with strong technical knowledge who anticipates risks/issues and manages the client’s expectations. The producer is deft at identifying and removing potential and existing roadblocks that may hamper the team, allowing project team members to maximize productivity.
- Fully understand the client objectives and project goals and articulate them clearly
- Develop project plans and work with project teams to execute on plans
- Monitor day-to-day activities of project teams and ensure work is progressing as planned
- Manage schedules, budgets, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood, and executed upon
- Manage resource assignments to the project, and proactively identify resource challenges
- Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Consistently identify needs that clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback
- Communicate and document project status to clients, team members, and management on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels
- Create and manage functional specs documentation along with project team members
- Recap and create debriefs for every completed project; facilitate discussions on lessons learned and new knowledge gained; document properly and share
- Oversee and execute on content collection and content population in Content Management Systems
- Write test plans and perform cross-browser quality assurance testing on websites while managing tickets in JIRA with team members
Knowledge & Experience
- Prior experience working on WordPress and/or Shopify website projects
- Ability to write basic HTML/CSS
- Strong understanding of business and functional requirements
- Experience with managing digital projects, especially the design and development of websites
- Understanding of third party applications and platforms as well as integrations
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Level-headed and positive attitude under pressure
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines
- A passion for learning new skills
- Strong web and Mac desktop skills – we use Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Docs, and various web-based tools such as Basecamp, Harvest, and JIRA
To apply, please fill out our online job application here. We will not accept applications that do not come through the online application form.