Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency that works with exciting lifestyle brands such as KIND Snacks, Peloton, Wanderlust, and Sakara Life. We design and develop user experience solutions and help clients navigate marketing challenges. Founded in 2006, we are based in New York City.
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic copywriter to help bring our clients’ messaging to life across various channels such as their e-commerce website, Facebook Ads, email campaigns, and more.
As part of the Growth Marketing team, you’ll be working closely with our Growth Marketing Analysts and Designers to develop concepts, craft effective headlines, and write messaging and scripts that resonate with audiences.
Here are some tasks and assignments you can expect as a copywriter on our team:
- Generating subject line copy options for a beauty client’s email campaign
- Brainstorming and storyboarding video creative to use on Facebook Ads
- Workshopping website headlines and body copy for an arts nonprofit client
- Writing Facebook Ad headlines and descriptions for a food & beverage client
- Crafting several ad copy options to run for an AdWords campaign on behalf of a wellness client
- Establishing voice and tone on a branding project for a new consumer product brand
- Helping on copy for new business pitches and any Barrel marketing efforts (web, social, paid)
As a team, we value continuous growth and learning, a team-first mentality, focus & discipline, and a positive attitude. No matter your level of skill, we look first and foremost for cultural fit.
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience as a copywriter at a brand or at an agency.
- Savvy with social media and skilled at writing witty, smart copy.
- Experience writing copy for email and web, especially high-converting landing pages.
- Strong understanding of e-commerce and consumer psychology.
- Enthusiastic and organized researcher who loves to learn about new audiences and asks questions that surface helpful insights that will help our creative efforts.
- Impeccable grammar and spelling skills with a passion for editing and re-editing.
To apply, please fill out our online application form here. We will not accept applications that do not come through our online application form.