Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency that works with exciting lifestyle brands such as KIND Snacks, Peloton, Wanderlust, and Sakara Life. We design and develop user experience solutions and help clients navigate marketing challenges. Founded in 2006, we are based in New York City.
We are looking for a Design Intern to join our Design team this summer. This is a paid 10-week full-time program that will begin June 4 and wrap up August 10.
As a design intern, you will work alongside our team members and build experience on projects like content creation for social campaigns, website redesigns, and email marketing campaigns. You will receive guidance and feedback along the way and also have various opportunities to contribute during creative brainstorm sessions.
As a team, we value openness, constant communication, and honesty. No matter your level of skill, we look first and foremost for cultural fit.
- Experience: Previous design internship experience is a plus. Good eye for layout, color and typography. Has a good understanding of web design principles.
- Creativity: Has the ability to work within an existing design system and also contribute fresh ideas and new approaches/insight to challenges.
- Positive Attitude: Enthusiastic and able to contribute at any given stage throughout the process. Actively takes the lead on a given task and can pitch in wherever help is needed.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to confidently express ideas and also knows when to listen.
- Skills: Comfortable working in the Adobe Suite. Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred but not required (our designers are not expected to build websites).
- Time Management: Excellent organizational and time management skills.
How to Apply
If you feel like you would be a good fit for this role, please apply here. Design intern applications sent via email will not be accepted.