Designers at Barrel work on a diverse range of projects from startups to established brands. Barrel’s tight-knit culture encourages close collaboration between all disciplines while paving the way for designers to push the boundaries, contribute ideas, and learn something new.
We’re seeking multifaceted designers to collaborate with our team on e-commerce websites, web/mobile apps, brand identity systems, and any other interactive, marketing, and communication challenges that design can solve.
For Barrel, design is the process of thinking, planning, and imagining products that effectively solve problems for our clients. In addition to creating compelling visuals, our design team plays a key part in crafting intuitive user experiences through wireframing, mapping user flows and navigation, and developing micro-interactions.
Our design team is always evolving and eager to explore innovative solutions that’ll help our clients grow their business.
At Barrel, we value openness, constant communication, and a sense of humor. No matter your level of skill, we look first and foremost for cultural fit.
- Experience: 2+ years digital experience. Solid knowledge of industry tools and understanding of designing intuitive and responsive user experiences.
- Creativity: Strong visual design aesthetic and conceptual thinking. Strong handle of layout, navigation, typography, colors, and image composition as applied to web and mobile experiences.
- Leadership: Can work both autonomously and collaboratively with the team. As a designer, you will not only be expected to bring your own creative ideas to the table but also flawlessly execute on the shared project vision.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when talking about design and collaborating with other team members.
- Skills: Comfortable working efficiently in the Adobe Suite and Sketch. Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred but not required (our designers are not expected to build websites).
- Time Management: Excellent organizational and time management skills. Able to self-manage and prioritize tasks to ensure work is delivered on time.
- On site work is not required but is preferred. Open to remote designers.
Barrel offers competitive salary, health/dental/vision coverage, TransitChek, paid vacation, free lunch daily, and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
How to Apply
If you feel like you would be a good fit for this role, please apply here. Design applications sent via email will not be accepted.