Developer (Los Angeles)
The Developer at Barrel is responsible for working closely with project team members to ensure successful build and delivery for our projects.
The Developer is an expert in front-end development with an eye for design. You’ll be responsible for communicating high-level development concepts to non-technical team members and clients.
We are looking for candidates who have at least 3+ years of professional experience in web development and has worked on cross-functional teams. Agency experience and familiarity with Shopify and WordPress is a plus.
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency that works with exciting lifestyle brands such as KIND Snacks, Peloton, Wanderlust, and Sakara Life. We design and develop user experience solutions and help clients with various e-commerce and marketing challenges. We are a tight-knit team based in New York City.
- Implement front-end solutions based on requirements of our projects
- Ensure that correct technology processes are being employed and followed on your projects.
- Contribute to best practices, workflows, and standards and company knowledge sharing.
- Conduct research and prototype for challenges and unknowns.
- Meet, communicate, and share knowledge regularly with all team members.
- Assist with code review, release and deployment preparation
- Familiarity with PHP and content management systems including WordPress, Drupal knowledge a plus.
- Experience with Shopify e-commerce platform
- Expert knowledge developing cross platform/browser (iOS, Android, IE/Edge, Firefox, Safari) web applications
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies (React, Vue, etc)
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices to optimize for load time and perceived performance
- Experience working with source/version control platforms (Git) and git operations
- Knowledge of SEO and Accessibility best practices
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong communication skills (both in person and in writing) while interacting with individuals with a range of technical understanding
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Following the application, there is a test project for serious candidates.