Designers at Barrel work on a diverse range of projects from startups to established brands. Barrel’s tight-knit culture encourages close collaboration between all disciplines while paving the way for designers to push the boundaries, contribute ideas, and learn something new.
We’re seeking multifaceted designers to collaborate with our team on e-commerce websites, web/mobile apps, brand identity systems, and any other interactive, marketing, and communication challenges that design can solve.
For Barrel, design is the process of thinking, planning, and imagining products that effectively solve problems for our clients. In addition to creating compelling visuals, our design team plays a key part in crafting intuitive user experiences through wireframing, mapping user flows and navigation, and developing micro-interactions.
Our design team is always evolving and eager to explore innovative solutions that’ll help our clients grow their business.
At Barrel, we value openness, constant communication, and a sense of humor. No matter your level of skill, we look first and foremost for cultural fit.
- Experience: 2+ years digital experience. Solid knowledge of industry tools and understanding of designing intuitive and responsive user experiences.
- Creativity: Strong visual design aesthetic and conceptual thinking. Strong handle of layout, navigation, typography, colors, and image composition as applied to web and mobile experiences.
- Leadership: Can work both autonomously and collaboratively with the team. As a designer, you will not only be expected to flawlessly execute other team member’s ideas but to also play a key role in the initial creative process.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when talking about design.
- Skills: Comfortable working in the Adobe Suite and Sketch. Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred but not required (our designers are not expected to build websites).
- Time Management: Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- On site work is not required, open to remote designers.
How to Apply
If you feel like you would be a good fit for this role, please email us at email@example.com and include:
- “Designer” in the subject line
- A copy of your resume and cover letter
- A link to your portfolio