Freelance Senior Designer (Beauty Client)
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency that works with exciting wellness brands such as Barry’s, Well+Good, Hu, and Sakara Life. We designing meaningful experiences that help our clients create deeper relationships with their customers. Founded in 2006, we are a remote-first team with members of the team located around the world. This role does not require on-site work.
We’re seeking a Senior Designer to collaborate with our team leading and executing digital-focused projects for a client in the beauty industry. This role would be on an ongoing, retainer basis. Projects include e-commerce experiences, web/mobile apps, extending visual guidelines to new assets, motion, and various other digital and marketing collateral.
As a Senior Designer at Barrel, you carry the responsibility to not only ideate and execute on creative and intelligent design concepts but to lead by example, motivate other team members, and therefore, reach the highest standards of work.
For Barrel, the design is the process of thinking, planning, and imagining products that effectively solve problems for our clients. In addition to creating compelling visuals, our design team plays a key part in crafting intuitive user experiences through wireframing, mapping user flows and navigation, and developing micro-interactions.
At Barrel, we value openness, constant communication, and a sense of humor. No matter your level of skill, we look first and foremost for a cultural fit. Our culture revolves around our core behaviors: Continuous Growth & Learning, Focus & Discipline, Team-First Mentality, and Positive Attitude.
- Ideate and execute on creative concepts
- Create conceptual and practical designs that map back to the client’s business goals, audience, and vertical
- Maintain high standards among the team and ensure only the best work is shared with the client
- Confidently lead client meetings and workshops as requested
- Confidently delegate tasks to and provide support for juniors members of the team
- Challenge clients on their requirements and advise on best practices
- Take and develop briefs from CD/ACD/account team into execution
- Contribute to and drive the process with both internal and client teams
- Provide scoping estimates for new and ongoing client work as requested
- Continually experiments with new tools and technologies, and prototypes with those existing. Encourages the same among the team
- Provide, and often lead, useful contributions to team meetings and conversations
- Provide thoughtful and constructive feedback during presentations and critiques of junior team members’ work
- At least 4+ years of agency experience preferred, demonstrated expertise in digital design
- Has a solid knowledge of industry tools and understanding of designing intuitive and responsive user experiences
- Has a strong digital and web vocabulary. Can speak confidently to clients about web platforms, how designs will function and how designs will be implemented.
- Able to work efficiently under pressure and tight deadlines, always aware of budgets and time spent
- Possess strong project management and organizational skills, able to confidently communicate with external teams and clients alike
- Able to articulate thoughts clearly and concisely in all verbal and written communications
- Maintains a meticulous attention to detail in all deliverables
- Has the foresight to see upcoming challenges and proactively plans ahead to ensure all deadlines are met
How to Apply
If you feel like you would be a good fit for this role, please apply here. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.