Senior Brand Strategist
3-Month Contract (Temp to Perm)
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency with offices in New York City and Los Angeles. We work with exciting brands such as KIND Snacks, L’Oreal Paris, Peloton, Wanderlust, and Sakara Life to build digital platforms and launch marketing campaigns.
As a Senior Brand Strategist, you’re on a mission is to help brands, no matter how big or small, reach their potential. You know how to uncover meaningful insights and leverage them to help take a brand to the next level. You understand what it takes to build a brand and all the complexities that come with it. You understand a brand’s ecosystem and how it should exist across channels, from digital to physical experiences. You always have the brand’s best interest at heart and consistently seek out new opportunities. You can articulate these ideas without hesitation to internal and client teams. You’re able to work across disciplines and thrive in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Facilitate and execute on upfront quantitative and qualitative research to uncover meaningful insights to inform later creative work
- Work with Creative Director to develop process for strategy work including but not limited to new deliverables, workshops, and product offerings
- Collaborate closely with copywriters, designers, and producers to develop a cohesive strategy and see it through to project completion.
- Provide insightful feedback on creative as it relates to the established strategy.
- Creates and leads workshops with clients to surface additional intake or feedback when necessary.
- Confidently present research, findings, concepts, and any other relevant deliverables to internal and client teams in an impactful(?) way
- Oversee the work of copywriters executing on strategy work
- Understands how a brand should live across a variety of channels and applications.
- Able to empathize with a brand’s audience and become a true advocate – knowing how to balance client’s goals, project requirements, audience’s paint points, and client feedback
- Flexible. Able to adapt to changing processes and project requirements. Can think big and small. Knows when to pivot and evolve process with projects changes and new information.
- Mentors junior staff. Able to provide meaningful feedback and guidance for relevant deliverables. Knows how to provide insight without executing in an effort to further develop junior staff knowledge and skill set
- 3-5 years of strategy experience working with a diverse range of brands leading research, ideation, and execution of strategy work.
- Understands what it takes to build a brand and has a strong understanding of brand architecture
- Able to lead and conduct a range of research to uncover consumer needs, business requirements, and brand challenges. Able to prioritize these ideas and confidently communicate findings with the team.
- Comfortable leading team and client workshops, in-person interviews, and strategic presentations.
- Strong writing skills. Able to articulate complex ideas through compelling narratives, presentations, and other communication formats.
- Experience working with a team on all stages of a project lifecycle, including research/user testing, design, development, launch, and ongoing work.
- Understanding of industry best practices for web design and user experience, e-commerce, digital marketing, and social channels.
- Experience managing client expectations and timelines. Knows how to balance client requests and knows when it is necessary to push back or take a new approach.
- Portfolio of brand-building projects is a plus
Barrel offers competitive salary, health/dental/vision coverage, TransitChek, paid vacation, free lunch daily, and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
How to Apply
If you feel like you would be a good fit for this role, please apply here. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.