The Senior Developer at Barrel is responsible for working closely with project team members to ensure the best technology solutions are being implemented for our projects.
The Senior Developer is an expert in front-end and back-end development and responsible for mentoring members within the development team. The Senior Developer also strives to improve internal development processes and find new ways to push the standards and capabilities of the development team.
We are looking for candidates who have at least 3-5 years of professional experience in web development and has worked on cross-functional teams. Agency experience is a plus.
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency that works with exciting lifestyle brands such as KIND Snacks, Peloton, Wanderlust, and Sakara Life. We design and develop user experience solutions and help clients with various e-commerce and marketing challenges. We are a tight-knit team based in New York City.
- Implement front-end and back-end technical solutions based on requirements of our projects
- Conduct technical requirements gathering, technical analysis and development of tech specs.
- Ensure that correct technology processes are being employed and followed on projects.
- Contribute to best practices, workflows, and standards and company knowledge sharing.
- Conduct research and assist on new business scoping efforts.
- Provide mentorship and training to members of the development team
- Expertise with PHP content management systems including WordPress and Drupal
- Experience with Shopify e-commerce platform
- Expert knowledge developing cross platform/browser (iOS, Android, IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) for web applications
- Solid understanding of OOP, relational databases, and SQL for implementing database-driven, web-based applications
- Solid understanding of web technologies including AJAX, social networking and blog platforms, widget development, mobile and emerging digital interfaces
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies
- Advanced ability to analyze business requirements quickly to determine and assess feasibility
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for load time reduction and accessibility
- Experience working with source/version control platforms (Git, SVN)
- Experience with shell environments and UNIX/Linux administration
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Proven ability to manage large scale technology projects successfully
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong communication skills (both in person and in writing) while interacting with individuals with a range of technical understanding
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and link to Github to firstname.lastname@example.org.