Barrel is looking for a Strategist for our New York office with a passion for helping brands engage with customers and grow their businesses. The Strategist will work in a client-facing role supporting various account teams in the delivery of: audience/customer research, competitive/industry audits, strategic insights/point of view documents, and creative and strategic briefs. The Strategist will also work with the company’s leadership team on new business pitches and proposals.
The Strategist will dive deep into a number of industries in which our clients compete including food & beverage, modern luxury goods, hospitality, and non-profit.
- Surface research insights: collect, read, analyze, interpret, and synthesize information from a variety of sources and develop strategic insights and points of view; topics may include the customer journey, trends in various industries, user experience patterns, brand and packaging concepts, and more.
- Develop strategy deliverables: leverage research insights to create presentations, research reports, creative briefs, point of view documents, measurement reports, etc.
- Lead discussions and planning with clients around: customer engagement strategies, channel recommendations, content strategy, service design, brand architecture, and messaging.
- Collaborate with other team members to execute and contribute to client deliverables.
- Work with leadership team to field inbound leads and to work on new business pitches including upfront research and concept development.
Demonstrate evidence of:
- Experience in building and/or consulting on consumer brands.
- Strong understanding of e-commerce, digital media, and analytics.
- Deep knowledge of the digitally native vertical brand (DNVB) space, including who the major players are, how they’re structured, and what strategies they employ.
- Familiarity with multiple business and marketing frameworks.
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and Word.
Barrel offers competitive salary, health/dental/vision coverage, TransitChek, paid vacation, free lunch daily, and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
To apply, please fill out our online job application here. We will not accept applications that do not come through the online application form.